Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. someispname.net) and an IP Address (e.g. 220.127.116.11). When a visitor requests a page from the ASE Smart Energy website, our Web Servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our Web Server. By itself, this information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows:
- The IP Address of the Site that may have Referred you
- Your IP Address
- The Web Page that you may have linked to us from, if any
- The Product Identifier for Version and Make of Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer®)
- The Operating System platform that you may be running (e.g. Macintosh® or Windows®)
- Search Words or Terms that are passed from a Search Engine (e.g. Google® or Yahoo!®)
- Information readily available and stored in your Adobe® Flash ‘System.Capabilities’ Object.
There is absolutely nothing special about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every Web Server on the Internet today. The purpose for this information is actually two-fold. One, ASE Smart Energy Inc. has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate, so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various Browsers and Operating Systems that visit our site. Additionally, as any business should attest, it is our desire to generate greater amounts of visitor traffic. By analyzing visitation patterns, referring URLs and Search Engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the Internet.