ASE SMART ENERGY WEBSITE VISITORS
ASE Smart Energy Inc. will only disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on ASE Smart Energy Inc..
- Protect and defend the rights or property of ASE Smart Energy Inc., or visitors of ASE Smart Energy Inc..
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties.
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
If you purchase something, such as a Cello Core or Cello sensor direct from ASE Smart Energy Inc., we need to obtain the appropriate information in order to complete the purchase transaction. Depending upon the method of payment that you select and your location, the required information may vary. However, generally speaking we will need:
- Your Name
- Billing Address (for Credit Card Orders)
- Shipping Address
- E-Mail Address
- Phone Number
- Credit Card Number (for Credit Card Orders)
- Expiration Date (for Credit Card Orders)
- CCV2 Code (for Credit Card Orders)
We use shopping cart features that safeguard this information by using industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypted servers. SSL encodes the information transferred between you and the server, rendering it unreadable to anyone trying to intercept the information. All information collected by ASE Smart Energy Inc. is stored on the Cello Cloud Servers located in North America. All personal information will be retained in client files as the file is active for such periods of time as may be prescribed by applicable laws and regulations. A file will be deemed inactive when an amount owing is fully paid off. Information placed in an inactive file will be retained for a period of seven (7) years.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser from our Web Server. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files that may have been created from other sites. The ASE Smart Energy Inc. website utilizes cookies only as a means of providing personalization features to our visitors. For example, we utilize cookies to manage your login to your personalized web portal once you have registered your ASE Smart Energy Thermostat. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser’s help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. someispname.net) and an IP Address (e.g. 18.104.22.168). When a visitor requests a page from the ASE Smart Energy website, our Web Servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our Web Server. By itself, this information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows:
- The IP Address of the Site that may have Referred you
- Your IP Address
- The Web Page that you may have linked to us from, if any
- The Product Identifier for Version and Make of Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer®)
- The Operating System platform that you may be running (e.g. Macintosh® or Windows®)
- Search Words or Terms that are passed from a Search Engine (e.g. Google® or Yahoo!®)
- Information readily available and stored in your Adobe® Flash ‘System.Capabilities’ Object.
There is absolutely nothing special about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every Web Server on the Internet today. The purpose for this information is actually two-fold. One, ASE Smart Energy Inc. has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate, so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various Browsers and Operating Systems that visit our site. Additionally, as any business should attest, it is our desire to generate greater amounts of visitor traffic. By analyzing visitation patterns, referring URLs and Search Engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the Internet.